About the University
Lviv University of Trade and Economics is a heir of the glorious traditions of Lviv Commercial Academy and Lviv Trade and Economic Institute. Its origins as an educational institution for trade specialists training are at specialized schools operating in Lviv in the first half of the XIX century.
The University is proud to be the oldest trade and economic institution of higher education in Ukraine and Central and Eastern Europe. March 7, 1816 is its date of birth and is considered to be the day of establishing the Real School, and also the day of publication of the Royal Decree by Francis I the Emperor of Austria.
Today, the University is a modern educational and academic European institution, where all the conditions for successful training and scientific growth of the youth to the level of highly qualified specialists are created, which meets the requirements of today’s employers.
Lviv University of Trade and Economics is a leading higher education institution and a recognized research center of the IV level of accreditation.
Lviv University of Trade and Economics is dynamically developing and diversifying its activities, licensing and accrediting new areas and specialties.
- Number of students – 2470;
- Number of teachers – 190;
- Number of professors and doctors of sciences – 120;
- Number of candidates of sciences – 36.
The high image of Lviv University of Trade and Economics is not only high-quality training of trade and economic specialists, but also effective international cooperation, which is one of the most important ways to strengthen the competitive position of the university in the market of educational services.
International Relations of Lviv University of Trade and Economics
LTEU is constantly working to expand international cooperation, both in
education and research. Currently, the university actively cooperates with educational institutions in Poland, France, Romania, Moldova, Georgia, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Italy, Germany and others.
University partners – Economic Academy. Oscar Langego in Wroclaw (Poland), Association of Universities of Central and Eastern Europe, Government of Thuringia (Germany), University of Auvergne-Clermont 1, Clermont-Ferrand (France), Higher School of Economics (Tarnow, Poland), Wroclaw University (Republic of Poland). The result of such cooperation is the opportunity to teach students under the Erasmus program in leading economic institutions.
The University is an active participant in the TEMPUS partnership program called “Improvement and development of vocational education”, which provides for joint training courses for professionals and the opportunity to obtain a diploma of European standard.
Areas of study
- Management, marketing
- Hotel and restaurant business, tourism
- Journalism, publishing and printing
- Information technology, cybersecurity
- Political science, international relations
- Sociology, social work
Faculties and specialties
- International Economics
- Economics and business analytics of the enterprise
- Business economics
- Advertising in business
- Accounting and taxation
- Management accounting and tax consulting
- Accounting and legal support of business management
- Finance, banking and insurance
- Fiscal and customs administration
- Financial and economic security of business entities
- Management of financial and economic activities
- Entrepreneurship, trade and exchange activities
- Commodity science and trade entrepreneurship
- Commodity science and expertise in customs
- Commodity science and commercial activity
- Computer Science
- Food and brewing technologies in restaurants
- Hotel and restaurant on the right
- Medical and health tourism
- Enogastronomic recreation and tourism
- International economic relations
- International business
- International Economic Relations (English language of instruction)
All payments are made to the account of the University after the student’s arrival to Ukraine:
- Tuition fees for pre-university training courses – USD 1000
- Tuition fees for Bachelor Degree – USD 1500 per year (duration is 4 years)
- Tuttion fees foor Master Degree – USD 1800 per year (duration is 1,5 years)
The university offers international students accommodation in its own dormitory. The cost of living in a double room is 60 USD per month.The hostel is a 20-minute bus or tram ride from the university.
Lviv University of Trade and Economics is situated in the center of Lviv, western part of Ukraine, on the border with Poland. Lviv regarded as the most beautiful city of Ukraine, it’s center is enlisted in the UNESCO historical heritage.
During study in Lviv foreign students will definitely enjoy their staying in that city.